This website represents the Statham’s Landing Homeowners Association. Our homeowners can find pertinent news and information here, and although many of our members are also members of the Statham’s Friends Facebook page, the Facebook page does not represent the HOA, nor the views, necessarily, of our members.
Storm Drainage/Sink Holes
If you’re having trouble with storm drainage or sink holes, please contact:
Houston County Public Works
2018 Kings Chapel Road
Perry, GA 31069
2023 Timeline for HOA Nominations and Elections
As usual the annual SLMIA elections will be conducted between March and June. This is our planned schedule which may be adjusted slightly as we go forward.
17 March mail forms for self-nomination, with return date on NLT 14 April. Self-nominations will be for Area Directors, Directors at Large, Committee Chairs and Board Leadership positions. Only elected board members will be considered for Board Leadership positions.
Ballots will be mailed all HOA members in Good Standing on 21 April. Ballots must be completed and turned in by the start of the annual HOA meeting at 6:00 on 15 May.
Members will also be able to nominate/vote online using the HOA website.
The Board Leadership election will be held during the 19 June meeting.
Every year we mail self-nomination forms and ballots to about 460 people. We have never received more than 140 completed ballots. Please encourage your friends and neighbors to participate in our election.
Stroll Stathams Landing Important Information
March will be the last issue of the Stroll Stathams Landing. The company that purchased the company when it put out Stathams Sampler has decided it’s not worth their while to continue.
With that being said, something that will need to be discussed is how to make sure the information shared by the Stroll continues to get to the residents. I’ve added this to the agenda for the next meeting (20 March).
HOA Board President
Feb 2023 Recap for The Place
HOA Security Recap
New Classified Ads Have Been Added
Fun Facts – Fish Facts
- The Spotted Climbing Perch is able to absorb oxygen from the air and can crawl over land using its strong pectoral fins in search of water.
- Some fish, like Sharks, do not have an air bladder to help keep them afloat. They must either swim continually or rest on the bottom.
- Fish have a specialized sense organ called their lateral line, which works much like radar and helps them navigate in dark or murky water.
- It wasn’t until 1853 in London when aeration and filtration of water was understood, that people were able to keep fish as indoor pets.
- The first public aquarium was opened in London (1853), and by 1856 New York also had an aquarium.
- The Great Barrier Reef Aquarium is the world’s largest living reef aquarium with 2.5 million L (660,430 gal) of water! It is located in Queenshead, Australia.
- Today, fresh and saltwater aquarium fish are the most popular pets in the U.S. Approximately 12 million households own aquariums.
- The world’s tiniest fish is the Stout Infant, which is about 0.6 cm (0.25 in) long.
- The largest fish fossil found to date is from the Leedsichthys problematicus, which lived 150 million years ago. It was found in England in 2003 and measured 22.0 m (72 ft) long.
- Cavefish have no sight, but can detect movement and odor through what?
- American Lobsters have longer life spans than both cats and dogs, living over 20 years.
- A person who studies fish for a living is called an ichthyologist.
Check out our new Quick Links page to vote, pay your fees, view directories, submit your Project Approval Request Form or search for answers. Please let me know how I can help!
Welcome to Stathams Landing Community Site
(Compliments of Lynn Morley)
Contact Us: email@example.com
Invite a Neighbor to register an account on the website!
Woodfield Light Fees
Woodfield Light Fees: Georgia Power made the announcement late last year that their fees would be increasing by 2.5% in 2023, 4.5% in 2024 and another 4.5% in 2024. The new invoices have been sent for 2023 payment with a due date of 30 June 2023. You may pay here.
New Directories Published 2/28/2023
Out-Of-Cycle Estate Sale
If you would like to have an Out-Of-Cycle Estate Sale, please create a classified ad here for approval.
Looking for property in Statham’s Landing?
Improvement Ideas? Questions? Comments?
The Stathams HOA want to know if you:
Have an idea for a project? Improvement?
Have a Question?
Want to comment?
Project Approval Request Form
The Project Approval Request Form can now be filled out and submitted online for the resident’s convenience.
TROUBLE LOGGING IN?
There is a built-in Lost Password feature that can be found on the Login page for users who don’t currently have access to their account. If anyone still has trouble after trying it, please contact June Kountz and she can contact our webmaster.
Association Mailing Address: Statham’s Landing M&IP Association PO Box 501 Bonaire, GA 31005
Ann Edwards Realty Group
151 S Houston Lake Road
Warner Robins, GA 31088